View Single Post
Old 2006-03-21, 08:48 PM

Port Forwarded> Firewalled without changing settings? OSX

I don't know how but out of the blue on my Mac I all of a sudden am not forwarded. I don't download much from here in paticular. Mostly because I am too much of a leecher with my current upload speed.

People have helped me work through problems here before though. I appreciate that a lot. There is a PC in the house hard wired to a Westell Versalink modem and I WIFI on my TiBook G4. Everything was fine for a while. The only thing I can think of is that fact that the Versalink likes to freak out and reset itself once and a while. Maybe overheating or something. Normally my shit is still properly configured though. A week or so ago I tried to d/l something on the mac and the d/l speed was super sluggish. I tried to connect to a torrent on this site since the "firewalled" detector seems to work good here as apposed to most sites. It was telling me that I was firewalled. That is what the RED port numbers mean right?

I checked in the system preferences, "sharing;firewall" and have the firewall on with port range 49152-49153 selected. In "network;TCP/IP" I have my ip address as it has been.

I can't think of what else should be done. Again the connection on the PC seems fine.

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes