View Single Post
Old 2006-03-15, 11:35 AM
One-Eyed Chesire

DVD 9 (Dual-Layer) doesn't play well on second layer

When I burn a dual-layer disc, either with Nero or DVD Decryptor, the discs burn with no errors, and they play fine to a point, but then they start to freeze and cause playback problems.

It seems that the problems start after the amount of data that would fill a DVD5 (4,464); If I combine two discs, the first disc material, and some of the second might play well.

For example: I d/l'ed a Genesis two DVD5 set, a concert and some filler. The concert was split, and I wanted to put the entire concert on a DVD9.

I burned the original discs, and they play fine; I then reauthored using TMPGEnc, and the new fileset was about 5.5 gig. I burned with DVD Decryptor, and the last 20 minutes start to freeze!

Any ideas? Could it be my burner sucks at burning dual-layer, or is it a s/w issue or media issue?

FWIW, I have no problems with DVD5. I use Imation discs for DVD5, for the DVD9 I used Verbatim and Memorex.

FWIW, I had another issue burning dual layer with Nero:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=18892

but it was suggested to use Decryptor, and that seemed to resolve the problem at the time, but now I am having this new issue.

It also seemed like the Memorex sucked, but I have had this new problem with the Verbatim as well.

Thanks for any feedback,
Aiko
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes