View Single Post
Old 2005-08-11, 09:50 PM
Non Serviam

Re: Standards for Naming Torrent Folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer

Well thanks guygee (I think.)

But I won't hold my breath waiting.
Funny, freezer, I was going to add the same disclaimer, But when I DO go see a show, you and jcrab66 convinced me, what could it hurt to wear a stealth set-up? I know that I would love to have the master tape of most shows I have seen in my life, and I would be happy to share if it was worthwhile listening. So I am going to start researching gear, and keep my eyes out for artists and bands that I like, hopefully in a small venue. Like, if Ornette Coleman comes around, I'll be on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer
And about the 9 previously UNCIRCULATED shows I just sent out to 3 different folks here at TTD, should I have sent more lineage than cdr(x)???
I am sure the TTD folks would want all of the lineage they can get. But we are not always so fortunate. Does Peter Losin have all the lineage for all the shows listed on his "Miles Ahead" site? That's a definite no, I am sure, but I'll wager he spent 100's or 1000's of hours trading for multiple versions and sorting though his collection looking for best sources. If he can do it, with all of the good people here we should be able to do it too.

I think you mentioned somewhere that you took a break for awhile, so probably Nth-gen versions of your shows circulated then without lineage, but fortunately you came back and now we can have the some of the masters. We are lucky that you have been so kind. But some tapers don't come back. The plan would be to work our way up in quality, even though we might not always know the lineage at least we can listen as a group and use spectral analysis tools to help decide what is "best circulating source".

Last edited by guygee; 2005-08-11 at 09:56 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes