View Single Post
Old 2005-05-26, 02:15 PM
You are TOO

Re: Seeder Control of torrents

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCMoeJoe
I would seed till they were done of course, but no new leechers could start.
I see what you mean, BUT like I said, "You snooze, you lose". The late comers will have to be a bit faster, I think. I know it may not be fair since some people have good reasons for not being able to log on shortly after you seed, but hey, it's their problem. I wouldn't like to be in their shoes, but at the same time, there has to be a point when you pull your seed. If someone is close to getting the full torrent, they should request a reseed. Now, here's the part I'm unsure of. When requesting a reseed, can anyone reseed or does the original seeder have to do it? I'm asking etiquette here, not if it's possible - I know it's possible for someone else to seed it. Of course, if someone else seeds it, they should give credit to the originator, if known and definitely not take credit themselves.

It's nice to see you care for your leechers, but when you feel the need to pull your seed, I say pull it. Everyone should appreciate that you offered it all - not how long you offered it. After 2-3 weeks, if I was a new leecher, I'd expect to possibly not get it all. That's just the way it works and what requests are for.

That's my $.02
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes