View Single Post
Old 2005-03-26, 10:46 AM
FUCK YOU, TURKEY!

DVD Burner specific question

I am contemplating buying a DVD burner so I can clear a lot of space at once instead of stockpiling tons of CD-Rs... I have no more room for them...

Below is a link to a DVD burner that I can get at Wal-Mart (only place I'm going to get one right now). I need to know if it is good for single-layer DVD-Rs even though it says dual-layer. I know it's probably a stupid question, but I have no knowledge of these things. I just have a CD burner.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...&xsell=3587535

The reason I'm asking about the HP drive is because I have an HP, and it's a good price for me. There's also one that's $90, but I can't tell if it's internal or external. I'm guessing external, because it doesn't show it at an angle like the one linked above.

I may not even get one, because I don't want to spend a lot of money (I'm cheap and trying to save). But if I get one, I will probably just stop in and buy this one and get a 30-pack of DVD-Rs. I just don't want to end up buying single-layer if this thing won't support anything but dual-layer...
we are not dead. we do not plan to die until august 24, 2098. our death will take place in the middle of a 96-minute guitar solo that we will perform wearing a robotic exoskeleton. it will be broadcast live from alpha colony via brainwave-cable, as part of vh1's telecast of the monsters of metaphoric science rock reunion tour.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes