View Single Post
Old 2011-01-29, 07:43 AM
TTD Staff

Re: The discussion areas of TTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyrayoll View Post
because Buzz Kill thinks they just maybe maybe might join in some kinda way......I suppose he wants more people to read his long winded diatribes...I think most of us here have seen more than enough of that tripe....
always presume things are ego driven to proven otherwise, right?
for the record, he's not the only one that thinks things need to change around GD...why is it everyone keeps ignoring the elephant in the room and avaoiding the points being made?

the issue isn't with being heavy-handed or adding mods or offering "incentives" as mentioned above, not is it with wolf's "experiment" by randomly deleting posts from the thread...the issues in the Lounge have been with blatant attacking/trolling on a regular basis, attacking new people posting for the first time [not in a friendly welcome-to-it kinda way], and an overall aggressive/negative vibe if ya will...i've noticed it become increasingly like a playground with some cool kids who bully anyone who comes near...and numerous people have left the GD areas because of it...this ain't junior high, we're all adults, and alot of it is just plain retarted!

there are many who might not see it that way, who weren't around in the earlier years...the Lounge has always had its share of bickering sure, the so&so vs so&so battles, but it was usually kept between the two and overall the forum was lively with dozens of regular pw's, lots of interesting conversation, etc...its been a steady decline, with many telling me personally they just didn't like how negative it was becoming...and i'll agree, its really losing the "fun" of pw'ing

if we're uninterested in making the place better, increasing the amount of characters in the Lounge, and are content with aliases talking to each other and the same "entitlement" rants over & over -- then i reckon i'ma just scoot on to somewhere's else to waste my work hours away...incessant picking at people and talking to the same half dozen folks about fuck all is boring