View Single Post
Old 2007-11-17, 08:33 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Gnarls Barkley's spectral view

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcv111
Hmmm...
Interesting. I was asked for a 3-4 second slice. I gave you 10 sec. slice. And that won't decode? What might be the reason for that? And how to go on further if you can't say straight from the spectral view image if it's lossy or not?
yes, the 10 sec flac file you posted would not decode for me [i'm using xACT v1.62 - getting the error "unparseable stream"]...but that issue aside

from what i can see, this **seems** to be an analogue FM recording, which according to our standards here at TTD would be acceptable to torrent...however, we're talking about an artist that uses samples for his beats, which can cause different results compared to a typical recording of acoustic or "traditional" instruments...

but i don't have as much experience when it comes to european FM feeds, so if i were you i would wait to get a more definitive answer from a few of the ABT mods [jameskg, dcbullet, Five] or one of the other resident experts such as ssamadhi

just a fwiw, but we [TTD Staff] don't get paid for this, have busy lives outside of the internet, etc -- so you might want to be a bit more patient when asking for opinions/help, otherwise you come off as an arrogant ass...to properly analyze a SA for lossy/lossless purposes, it helps to be able to see the sample in a few different time lengths, which is why jameskg was asking for a different sample length [and Five would've asked for the same thing ]...again, i just say this as a fwiw, you can say/act however you want really, just don't be surprised if no one helps you