View Single Post
Old 2007-06-19, 09:31 PM
Tubular

Re: No Graphics/Text Scrolls added by author on show footage of DVD-videos

I understand how easy it would be to remove all the menus, or a message at the beginning and end of a show, and I know why it was done the way it was, but this type of thing is never done with an audio torrent. It wasn't just me complaining, it was several others. The scroll on the John McLaughlin, Paco DeLucia, and Al DiMeola torrent was very large, and a lot of people voiced their opposition. One of them on the Santana torrent (haven't watched it yet) likened the message to spraypainting graffiti on fine art. The message on the Flecktones torrent was smaller and only appeared once. The smaller it is, and less frequently it appears, the easier it is to live with, at least to me.

You are right, I should (and will) stop complaining and just accept it now that I know it will not change, but I am glad I said something and tried to change it. Lynne, you said that you have yet to come across a DVD with this type of measure added. That may not be an accident, as most authors would probably rather see the show up on Ebay a couple of times than resort to draconian methods like a periodic message throughout a show. If something does show up on Ebay, then people with some free time can start the steps to remove it by reporting it to Ebay admins, then leaving a post or PM on the Ebay page about where to get it for free.