View Single Post
Old 2006-05-21, 05:28 PM
DeepElemBlue

Not Brand Spankin', but Still A Noob...

Hello Again at The Trader's Den!

Thanks to all of your excellent advice some time ago, I have downloaded all of the necessary software, and have spent the past few weeks researching how to use it. After taking in tons of information, and doing a lot of test runs on my PC, I think I finally have a firm grasp on how to use EAC and TLH.

I am very anxious to sign up for some vines and start collecting as soon as possible. I feel as though I've done my homework, and will soon be able to "hold my own" with trees and vines.

In the beginning (before I knew how crappy they were), I purchased some Memorex CDR's in hopes of trading. I have been using these to test out some of my new found knowledge. Somewhere along the line, I figured out how to convert WAV files into FLAC, and burn them onto a disc.

I am now taking that disc, and trying to do a test run, to see what I would do once an audio vine actually makes its way into my mailbox.

It always seems as though my simplest questions go unanswered...here goes nothin'...

When I do get a compressed audio CD, do I still "rip" with EAC, or do I copy it to my hard drive, and convert later? When I insert my "test" disc, EAC tells me there is "No audio CD in drive", and there is a "data" (or so I'm calling it) icon with only one track (of 43 minutes, the show I am testing with has 17 tracks of about 60+ minutes).

I'm making an educated guess here, that these files are no longer considered audio, and will be "ripped" exactly, due to the fact that they are data?

I hope this is correct, but am more than willing to read a million more pages to get it right.

Again, I would like to thank you all in advance for your help and adivce. The last questions I asked were replied to with such invaluable information! I feel like without this site, I would still be aimlessly searching the internet, and still not have a clue!

Thanks A Million!

Ellen =)
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes