View Single Post
Old 2004-12-21, 05:07 AM

Re: EAC burning question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush
I've been using EAC to burn audio cdr's. I have successfully set it up correctly. I haven't had any problems until a couple of days ago. When I used to burn cdr's the buffer almost always stayed full. Well, now its acting wacky. It seems to start burning full and then it keeps moving almost all the way down and then back to full and the process continues all the way through the entire burn of the disc. I've tried to slow down the burning speed, I tried 16x, 8x, 4x, etc... all with the same results. The buffer keeps moving in waves. My question is about buffer under-run. Is this considered buffer under-run? If so, I should turn it off, but how? I'm running Windows XP and I'm using EAC v0.95. Thanx in advance for the help.
Mine does that too.. it depends on what file format you're burning. If I burn APEs directly to CD-R, then the buffer will move in waves. If I burn WAVs, then it won't. I haven't tried any other formats. On my drive, it's not buffer under-run and the discs sound fine, but I'd give them a listen just to make sure.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes