View Single Post
Old 2020-02-23, 05:30 PM

Re: The Validity of MD5 Checksums

EAC v1.4 released 2020-02-06

THANKS André Wiethoff for 20 years of EAC

earliest EAC pages from archive.org, back when André used to type all caps sometimes and wanted you to send him a postcard for registration.

some 1999-07-30 updates..
Quote:
Originally Posted by exactaudiocopy.de
Introduction

EAC is a new audio grabber for CD-ROM drives. The main differences towards most other audio grabbers :
  • Low registration costs (just a postcard and a stamp)
  • It works with a new technology, reading audio CDs almost perfectly. If there are any errors that can't be corrected, it will tell you on which time position the (possible) distortion occurred, so you could easily control it with e.g. the media player
I am writing this software, because I am fed up with these other audio grabbers. I always had to listen to all grabbed waves, because other audio grabbers will do only jitter correction but CD-ROM drives reading scratched CDs often produce distortions. Listen to all waves would be a waste of time. So in march I decided to write my own audio grabber, mainly for my and my friends private usage. So if you don't like this software - don't use it! I don't want to make any profit with it, I just want to use (and share) the best grabber (that's in my eyes the most exact grabber) ever programmed. Most important for me is feedback from the users, more about that later at registration chapter.

Original banner
Attached Images
File Type: gif eac.gif
( 17.2 KB, 21 views)

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes