View Single Post
Old 2006-12-16, 03:40 AM

Firewall/port forwarding issues (comcast/rca cable modem)

Hello. I feel a little guilty taking up anyone's time with my troubles, but i've been hoping to upload some shows for a long time. And Finally, I have a "fast" connection to the internet, and would like to get started.

I recently signed up for Comcast High Speed, and now own a "RCA digital Broadband Cable Modem"...Now, i'm trying to learn more about Port Forwarding/Firewall issues, and get myself in a position to seed something.

I visited portforward.com , but couldn't find instructions for what i have. The cable modem quick start guide states says my modem guide is for a "Thomson TCM or RCA DCM Cable Modem", and I can't find instructions for either. It also states that it is a "DOCSIS 2.0 based cable modem".

I use BitTorrent T-0.3.7 (BitTornado). The light is always green, and i get good download speeds. My upload speeds seemed to be capped at 45 kB/s, I don't know if that has to do with my provider, or because i've yet to do anything with opening my ports, etc...I recently downloaded a torrent from dime and my tracker showed i was connected to 33 of the 41 peers. Is this good, or should it better? It's definately not always that good.

I guess i'm just trying to figure out what i need to do to upload/seed successfully.

Sorry for rambling, i'd appreciate any help, and will return the favor!

-matt
www.phishhook.com/lists/loveishell7

Last edited by loveishell7; 2006-12-16 at 06:06 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes