View Single Post
Old 2007-01-28, 01:19 PM

Re: Azureus.... dedicated problem thread????

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Does the peer list at DIME list you as firewalled (port number in red)? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. The smilies in Azureus can mean all sorts of things and don't always indicate whether you are firewalled or not. Sometimes you need to just give the tracker enough time to connect you to a bunch of other peers and get everything working. I don't think, if you are using the same port, that you can be firewalled at one site and not the other.
Yes, the peer list at Dime does have my port number in Red. The message in my user account profile says.....

Reason: "protocol error 1"
Explanation: "no/erroneous BT client listening or misconfigured router"

It's been that way since Friday, and I've been on pretty much continuously since. I shut it down yesterday afternoon, and it was still like that when I started up again. I've dowloaded a couple of shows, and have been seeding, but I've always been firewalled. However, my DL & UL speeds have been pretty decent, but nobody is connecting to me on my peers list.

On the other hand everything has been great here at TTD. Guess I should just stay here!

Thanks for the response Lynn. I'll keep playing around with it. It's just really bugging me seeing that Firewall sign. Especially when my NAT test is telling me that everything is OK.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes