View Single Post
Old 2007-01-07, 12:56 PM
TTD Staff

Re: New Downloader with questions and a WELCOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesyBob
The show Im downloading says "Seeds 4 (4) and peers (0) 2" and im hitting about 25 mbps....is this normal speed?? At this rate It'll take me a week to dload this show!! LOL
That means you are connected to 4 of the 4 seeds, but 0 of the 2 leechers. I would say this is a pretty normal rate for a show that was uploaded to the site over nine months ago. If you hop onto a more recent show, with more seeders, then you would probably get much better speeds. But, just leave your client open and you will eventually get the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesyBob
Oh,,,,,,,how do I "leave a torrent open"??? I assume this is to just leave it in my hard drive and not move it anywhere, correct?
It means that once you are done downloading the show, you keep seeding it in utorrent. So, don't 'stop' the torrent. You can stop the torrent to go burn the files to DVD, but then start the torrent again and seed it to the next new guy who hops on and wants the show.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes