View Single Post
Old 2021-05-17, 03:33 PM

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by roann View Post
Thanks very much. Downloaded the files and tested a bit... The reason for the issue seems to be third party app flac.exe.

The last official release of a FLAC Windows binary is v1.3.2. There never was an official Windows binary of the latest v1.3.3 release, but there are unofficial binaries available (at RareWares, for example). The latest TLH release (v2.8.4 build 185) comes with unofficial FLAC v1.3.3 binaries, the previous TLH release (v2.8.3 build 182) comes with the official FLAC 1.3.2 binaries.

To make a long story short: with the v1.3.2 binaries there are no issues when verifying/creating checksum files. I don't know why the v1.3.3 ones don't work - my knowledge of the C programming language is too poor to really understand the FLAC and shntool source code. If someone knows what's going on or can help please PM me.

So, as a workaround just copy the v1.3.2 releases of flac.exe and metaflac.exe (download) to the subfolder CmdlineApps of the TLH installation folder.

Robert
Awesome, thanks for the help. I just assumed it used 1.3.2 since that was the latest Windows one. Didn't think to check. Things seem to be working ok now. C is a little old school and beyond my capability. I didn't see an issue in github but I'll check again and submit one if there isn't. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes