Thread: Is this lossy?
View Single Post
Old 2005-11-29, 04:34 PM

Re: Is this lossy?

although it looks very much like lossy due to the absence of anything whatsoever above 14kHz, there are no blocks visible when zoomed in to 2 seconds.

there was much discussion about this last year at stg, especially vigotone's 30 Days release which was deemed lossless but heavily noise reduced. the purple chick set (by reputation) is a little less noise reduced, but still the nr is quite heavy.

another note about the early a/b road sets is that they were seeded in shn and since they are pretty much mono they compress down to 50% of the size if converted to flac. the conversion should be done using a secure method (see my signature).

I have three versions of these sessions (twickinham sessions box, 30 days, a/b road) and can pull them out and post screenshots from here if necessary. its quite a bulk of material (around 100 audio cdrs decompressed ). I plan to sort it all out and reseed/vine it somehow next year.

if you tell me the date/track of this a/b road session I can pull mine up and make sure that it looks the same as yours if you're still worried about it.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes