View Single Post
Old 2005-06-11, 12:43 AM
You are TOO

Re: Slow Downloads....

That's detailed enough, thanks. I'm sorry, but I can't be of much help since I'm not familiar with Azureus. Since you stated that you opened the ports in your firewall, I assume that's not the problem. The other thing I was thinking that could be giving you trouble is that the ports also need to be forwarded in your router (if you had one), but seeing as you're not sure what a router is, I think it's safe to assume you don't have one, so no settings there to worry about.

The only thing I can think of, barring any settings that need to be checked in Azureus, is to make absolutely sure you've opened the correct ports in your firewall for TCP traffic. I'm not familiar with Windows' firewall, so maybe someone else can help out with that too.

EDIT: After reading your next post, it does indeed sound like a port forwarding problem. To be sure whether you have a router or not, just follow the cable from where it comes into your house or apt. and see where it goes. If it goes into anything but a splitter/your television(s)/or the cable modem, you probably do have a router. I can't imagine you having one and not knowing it though. It's something you have to purchase and install yourself. It's not something the cable company installs (at least without your knowledge). Do you have more than one computer that accesses the internet? If so, you may have a router.

I'm going to assume again, that you don't (by your previous response) and have you double check the Windows firewall to see that you opened or forwarded the correct ports. Also, check Azureus' settings to make sure the port is set to 6881, same as the one you opened in your first post.

I'll see if I can Google a tutorial for the Windows firewall in relation to opening ports unless someone else beats me to it.

Last edited by Ted; 2005-06-11 at 12:50 AM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes