View Single Post
Old 2006-03-05, 07:21 AM
TTD Staff

Re: a newbie needs help

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaj56
the problem is no one ever explicitly says HOW to sync. I would appreciate it if someone actually explained how to sync with vegas.

thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner
import both yer audio & video footage into Vegas...drag the video to the timeline, do the same for the audio...i usually find a few places where a noticeable drum hit or guitar strum occurs and sync to those points...if you run into issues with video speed & audio speed not matching thruout, you'll have to cut the video in spots & re-sync...
that is how you do it...i guess i coulda added, "shift the video track left and right until the drum hit on the video matches the drum hit on the audio" or somethin like that...but what else are we supposed to tell you?!

as just a general note to people new to video editing, video/audio editing software comes with extensive manuals that explain everything from the basics to fairly technical operations...i would *HIGHLY* recommend taking a weekend [or more like a week] to sit down and go thru it all, playing with the various functions in the program while yer reading...if you really want to author video to DVD, you need to realize that its not a coupla clicks and bam--a DVD...takes years of learning and practice to even scratch the surface of editing video...justa for what its worth