View Single Post
Old 2007-05-07, 05:57 PM

Re: Is there an explicit ratio policy here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudogger
*cherry tree analogy*
Interesting comparison (really). Although.. I will say that the cherry tree doesn't just grow magically by itself after the "old man" plants it once. You need to make sure destructive caterpillars and other insects aren't infecting and killing the tree. If there's a drought, you need to make sure the tree is getting enough water, etc. My point is just that after the old man dies, the children need to become adults and step up to help maintain the life of the tree.

I'll address Silver Stallion's post too, not because I'm trying to be confrontational, but I'm just trying to make a point. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that Randy has access to a really high speed internet connection (basing this on the fact that he's uploaded 15 TB). Since he can upload so quickly, then leechers who drop off after completing probably aren't an issue for him. But it is for the rest of us.
Like when Phishblowz for example seeded the Beatles Anthology Director's Cut. Five 8 gig sets. If the first four people who complete drop out in that swarm, it's a big deal, because it means he needs to stay around a lot longer than he thought he would (and that means DAYS longer). For someone like Randy, it wouldn't be as big an inconvenience so I can see where he's coming from. But I can also see where other uploaders are coming from.

When someone isn't close to 1.0 ratio, you could potentially be a very be big nuisance for uploaders or reseeders.

That's great that you're sharing outside of TTD. But when you're coming off as bitchy about getting flamed.. well I think you don't really have a leg to stand on especially considering most torrent sites do enforce ratios. And as everyone else has been saying, if you helped out at this site people wouldn't be too angry.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes