View Single Post
Old 2006-01-31, 01:53 PM
TTD Staff

Re: Report all ratio issues here

hank,

I'm not sure why your stats didn't update correctly. Sometimes I think the tracker has a mind of it's own. We don't enforce any share ratio here, but we do ask that our users be conscientious sharers here. We realize that there are many ways to share what you get here (b&ps, vining, seeding, making covers, helping people out, etc), so do what you can.

As for uploading a show, we ask that you not download something from one site and immediately upload it here. It's best to let it die down a bit on the other site. And, please give credit to the person who originally uploaded the show if you know what that was. Also, one difference between here and DIME is that we do require lineage with a show. If you look at the top of the Audio torrents seeded here, they all say something like: Silver CD > EAC > xACT > flac or all-sorts-of-taping-equipment-listed > transfer-to-computer-method > Traders Little Helper > flac or similar (see the Audio BitTorrent Seeding Policy in my sig for many more examples). A lot of people are starting to include lineage on other sites, but not everyone is, so some torrents from other sites may not be allowed here because they don't have any lineage. If you have questions about this, please feel free to ask away in the Technobabble forum (here). We have a lot of helpful people in this forum to answer your questions about this.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes