View Single Post
Old 2007-09-22, 03:55 PM
Tubular

Re: Reconsider ISO posting policy?

I can see why you want to seed an .iso file for DVD-A if you have made a menu or surround sound. But if they are stereo and with no menu why not just seed 24 bit FLACs? The FLACs could be checked in spectral much easier than if the audio was in .AOB files. Also the FLACs are compressed, so they take less time to seed and download. The .AOBs will contain uncompressed audio unless MLP is used, and an MLP encoder costs big bucks. They can author their own DVD-As with DVD-Audiofile (available free here: http://24bit.turtleside.com) or with Disc Welder. I guess it would be a problem for Mac users who don't have DVD-A authoring software available, though. Also, time must be spent authoring the DVD-A. There are advantages and disadvantages to seeding FLACs vs. an authored DVD-A is I guess what I'm saying.

Also, if the shows are 16/48, 24/48 or 24/96 they should be authored and seeded as DVD-Video if they are going to be authored for DVD IMO. Most people have a DVD-V player, not a DVD-A/V player, so for maximum compatibility for playback and no quality loss DVD-V would work better IMO. And DVD-V can be seeded with no need to use an .iso file.

Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes