Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid
V - 101 Beta-1 (72)
[I can't use the new version at all - many errors]

This version has worked fine until this past week
See screen shots

note:
the md5fp no longer generates fp's.....what you see is what I get
I'm afraid I can't help you at all ... $%*!#& ... nonetheless please read the following lines.

All problems you've documented are based on the fact that shntool is involved (Trader's Little Helper just acts as a frontend for shntool). The error message you see comes from shntool, even if you create a checksum, but there the message is truncated after 32 characters by TLH.

shntool is a command-line application (a DOS program). For reasons I don't know Windows OS (seems to start with XP SP2) refuses to give shntool the memory needed, so shntool will stop executing with that "... can't reserve memory ..." error message. If you would run shntool from the command-line with no TLH involved you would get into the same problem with the same error message.

A way to get this fixed? Until now *nobody* could tell me what to do. For me it's impossible to test things because on my WinXP SP2 machine there aren't any problems at all ... A few users reported that it helps to run TLH or the subcomponents shntool.exe, shorten.exe, cygwin1.dll in an older DOS compatibility mode WinXP offers. On the other hand other users reported that it does not help to do that.

Conclusion: if shntool doesn't work all the important features of TLH (md5 fingerprints or fix of SBEs, for example) are gone ...

--- SOS --- SOS --- SOS ---

Robert
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes