View Single Post
Old 2010-10-15, 02:40 PM
doubleolove

Question Question About Trading and Delayed or Lost Package

Hi All,

I figured this might be the best place to post this. I just want an opinion on what you think is fair and best to do in a similar situation.

I recently did a trade with someone, who I've traded with twice before. This time we did a rather large trade, close to 20 discs. The person received their discs from me the day they said mine were shipped, on September 30th. It has now been 2 weeks and I have not received my package. Now, I know things happen with mail being delayed and lost. My package was shipped Priority but unfortunately, without delivery confirmation so there is no way to track it. I believe the person sent the discs. I am in the United States, New York area, this person lives in approximation of the Atlanta area. I told the person I traded with I would give the package a month to get to me, and if I didn't receive it by November 1st, I would request a replacement. Since it was such a large trade, I even offered to send him 10 dollars for the repeat shipping and blank discs.

Do you think I was fair or more than fair? I know sometimes people can get very impaitient when they don't receive their stuff. Personally, if I do a trade with more than say 6 discs, I do Delivery Confirmation, not so much because I don't trust people but so that I can now the status of something I sent. We all know not everyone e-mails you to inform you that they received their shipment.

What do you think? What would you do?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Doubleolove

Last edited by doubleolove; 2010-10-18 at 05:21 PM.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes