View Single Post
Old 2007-06-21, 09:34 AM
Shareblue Platinum Member

Re: No Graphics/Text Scrolls added by author on show footage of DVD-videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubular
I agree with this for the most part, but what if someone filmed something him/herself and then added all kinds of trippy, psychedelic effects, or a box in the corner of the screen with him/herself playing air guitar/air drums along with the lead guitarist/drummer? What seems right to an individual might not be what is best for the rest of the community. If it was the only or "best" video of a show, then there would be people rightly clamoring for a version without the effects. If the effects were added by the camera during filming, then there is not much that can be done to undo it.
I don't know which DVD you are talking about. but sometimes people add effects/slideshows to fill in gaps of video that are not present. It's kinda like patching an audio source with another if yours had gaps/problems.

When I make DVDs I try to put chapter marks at the end of these sections so that you can skip through them if there is a large section without video. Personally, I enjoy having the whole show even if it has a slideshow for 2-3 minutes. and I think that is the general consensus of the "community." If there is a huge section of video missing I'll cut it . or not share it.

I hope you understand why you are catching flack for your comments. Can you imagine someone saying.... You should have used this kind of capsule if you were that close to the stage recording. or Why did you transfer your tape through so and so sound card, it adds distortion. Be happy for what you get. That's all I'm saying.

It's one thing taking comments/suggestions from someone who has experience/reputation with what they are discussing it's another taking suggestions from someone who has not authored anything themselves. Your comments read like demands not suggestions also.