View Single Post
Old 2007-06-01, 03:37 PM
GrOoOvemeister

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritinaphoto
You're missing one glaringly obvious problem...some leeches end up seeding well above 1.0 by the time they finish downloading if they get on at just the right peak of the wave. It's because their connection is better (faster and/or not firewalled), so the clients tend to favor connections from those people.

And then of course there is the issue of coming onto a torrent late and no more leeches show up. What then? If you ask me, it's a bit of a pyramid scheme--you just pray you're not the last one left downloading on a torrent.

I suppose you're going to chew out people for being firewalled next, when sometimes they genuinely can't do anything about it (i.e. someone else controls their network and they don't know the password, crappy ISP, etc.).

The simple fact of the matter is that there is always going to be an inequality in share ratios.

you all miss the point that there are many users and many torrents...most of which die with people stranded (where's the ratio hunters) so it's easy to share back what you took...however I realize that for each torrent everyone cannot seed to 1.0, but there are many to choose from, and you can always upload something...these excuses for why you can't have a 1.0 ratio are just excuses...just say you don't care to share and be done with it...most of the people who share over 1.0 do so because they have to...radfordaj23 just had to reload his JGB video to help the last few takers because of the 300+ who completed it (many under a 1.0 I'm sure) no one came back to help out and it rested on the guy who already shared his fair share...a 1.0 is easily obtainable if you care to work for it...but most people do only what they have to and little else...there is no legitimate excuse for it...it just is...I've learned to deal with it, but the excuses still cut through me...I'll accept that you share less than you could (or should) but I won't sit here and smile while excuses are thrown around...I'll call that BS everytime I see it

if it looks and sounds like BS...chances are it's