View Single Post
Old 2022-10-31, 01:06 PM

Re: Firewall false positive?

Okay xavier242, I just spent the better part of 3 hours just to change the port in utorrent (easy) and then forward that port with xfinity (dumpster fire-style nightmare). Logging into the router (10.0.0.1) no longer allows port forwarding instead sending you to xfinity which was part of how I did it a couple months ago. Now you have to download their cell phone app (it's the third one you install, of course) to finally forward the port.

Anyway, that's done. Now can you tell me why I keep getting the warning:
"Failure: Connection limit exceeded! You may only download 3 shows at a time."

I have two torrents downloading and I know the world is flat now but did math change too? Is two more than three now? And why am I getting this same warning on a Seger torrent I completed four days ago?

I have 16 Trader's Den torrents open right now. Is that too many? Is there somewhere I can find the limits? I know Lossless Legs limits how many torrents I can run simultaneously but I don't believe I've ever had this issue with TTD. Or maybe I've never had this many open at once before. I like to keep seeding for awhile, up to a couple months if I can but most of the torrents die out after a couple days. And I'm not constantly connected because I'm using a friend's internet while I'm working at his house.

Well, here's ho-ho-hoping this last issue can be resolved too. If it's on my end tell me what to do, how to limit my connections or whatever. I did turn off all my TTD torrents and the warning went away from the Seger show so maybe I am hitting up against the connection limit. It's still there on the one download though but not the other (and that's been happening for days now).

Thanks for all the work you guys are doing, I'm a little frustrated right now (thanks comcast) but I do appreciate everyone's work that has grown my music collection to what it is today.

Roman