View Single Post
Old 2008-09-22, 05:18 AM
}{eywood, copyright fighter
TTD VIP

Location: too close to Niagara Falls to see what the big deal is
Re: Are mp3 master recordings allowed @TTD???

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2rulesmyworld View Post
Its actually not that important, the recording of live music is not life and death

if you cant afford better gear that is a shame since you clearly have a passion for music/recording/sharing and that is admirable

BUT the reality is that your recordings may not meet a standard that is expected here or on dime

if you are going t ocut off the highs and lows to reduce live that is fine, just clearly state how the show was recorded and the editing that took place so the audio geekheads can know what they are getting

I agree some recording is better than no recording

that said im not interested in listening to poor quality recordings even if that is all that exist, my mindset is quality over quantity

Understandable. I for the most part agree. But there is that chance you take that something magic will happen. When I recorded Queensryche at Darien Lake in 97 I wasn't aware anything special was going to happen, but it turns out that The Killing Words was only performed at that show on that tour, and I was the only taper. Not the most stunning recording, but not bad. And the fans fight over it since I released it last year. Even Michael Wilton from Queensryche got a copy from me. Similarly there is a Pink Floyds show from 1969 that sounds like complete shit, but is thge only time Saucerful Of Secrets was performed wth a horn section and a choir. I'd rather have a totally crap recording of that than no recording at all
To enforce copyright laws is to prevent people from making peaceful use of the information they possess. If one has acquired the information legitimately it is a violation of freedom of speech to prevent one from using it, reproducing it, trading it. Information is a universal, existing in other people's minds and other people's property, and over these the originator has no legitimate sovereignty. Copyright laws extort from the public a reward enormously in excess of the labor measure of an entertainers' services, making them, in essence, discriminatory against anyone paid a single time for a job. The only way there will ever be balance is when we are either all paid ad infinitum for work we did years ago, or when they are not. Until then I will fight for the freedom of information by challenging copyright law every chance I get. Join the Pirate Party and help make a difference.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes