View Single Post
Old 2008-04-19, 04:41 PM

Unhappy Absolute F*cking newbie w/NO CLUE

Well, as I'm sure the title to this thread says most of my issues already, heres a little background: I am semi-familiar with general bittorrent downloading but am brand new to this site. In order to make my and all members of the sites lives eassier I want to follow the correct etiquette and prtocall on the site. I have read through much of the FAQ's but am still totally lost. I consider myself to be somewhat computer saavy but not as much as I'd like to be. Currently I am running Bitlord and though am aware that this is not a recommended program to use with the site, have not had any luck using any other programs as I am behind a firewall and seem to be getting the best luck with Bitlord (if that makes sense AT ALL). ANyway I am running Windows XP, with a Belkin Router Model # F5d7230-4 and using McAfee Security. As i mentioned befre I have some experience downloading with Bittorrents but not much at all. I understand the benefit to it but am still seemingly getting very slow download speeds. In essence, I need help, and ahelluva lot of it I think. ANybody with any patience or advice would be much appreciated, and no need to remind me that I am most likely doing EVERYTHING wrong and probably screwing downloads up for a ton of other people as thats why I'm posting this thread to learn. Thanks All!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes