View Single Post
Old 2014-01-08, 12:55 PM
}{eywood, copyright fighter
TTD VIP

Location: too close to Niagara Falls to see what the big deal is
Re: It might be time to revisit Hot Tuna NAB status

It's kind of interesting that a guy who basically plays blues standards and covers is so worried about his rights to the material. I seriously doubt Jorma has any intellectual or publishing rights to Death Don't Have No Mercy et al
To enforce copyright laws is to prevent people from making peaceful use of the information they possess. If one has acquired the information legitimately it is a violation of freedom of speech to prevent one from using it, reproducing it, trading it. Information is a universal, existing in other people's minds and other people's property, and over these the originator has no legitimate sovereignty. Copyright laws extort from the public a reward enormously in excess of the labor measure of an entertainers' services, making them, in essence, discriminatory against anyone paid a single time for a job. The only way there will ever be balance is when we are either all paid ad infinitum for work we did years ago, or when they are not. Until then I will fight for the freedom of information by challenging copyright law every chance I get. Join the Pirate Party and help make a difference.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes