View Single Post
Old 2010-03-26, 04:32 PM
fogovonslack

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Hi Folks--

I've installed trader's little helper 2.5.1 from http://tlh.easytree.org/. I'm running XP SP3 on an AMD 64 with 2GB of ram.

When I try to use TLH to convert shn>flac, it hangs indefinitely, usually on the first file. In the process log, I see, e.g., "gd84-03-28d01t05.shn: intializing......." and the stream of dots just gets longer and longer. On one occasion it converted a few files and the process showed "converting" with a steadily increasing percentage before getting stuck again at "intializing......" I've tried right-clicking on the files I want to convert in windows explorer, I've tried dragging and dropping from windows explorer, and I've tried using the "Add" button within TLH to select the files to convert, all to no avail. I've also rebooted between each attempt to convert.

Does TLH have some kind of error log so I can try to figure out what's hanging it up?

The software page warns not to "replace any of the console applications installed by the setup file with older or newer releases. This may cause Trader's Little Helper to malfunction." I haven't replaced any of them, but it is possible that the versions of FLAC and LAME I had already installed were newer than the versions TLH looks for. I can't tell from the download page which versions TLH requires.

Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes