View Single Post
Old 2005-11-10, 09:11 AM

Re: capturing screen shots????

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie420
does anybody know if there is there an easy way to capture screen shots/ single frames from dvds to use in making covers? if there are programs for this, is there any good free ones? i know you can do it in tmpge for making menus, but when i try to open vob files in tmpge, it says it doesn't recognize the formats. one more thing, is there a way to make a menu with nero? i can't seem to find any. thanks, chewie

Screengrabs off DVD-easiest way is use your software DVD player- most hace a screen capture function. I've got Power DVD as my player and you just get to the frame you want then hit the camera icon, then post it into your photo manipulation software (i.e. Paint Shop Pro/Photoshop..etc..etc..), then save it as a jpeg.

On the menu thing- you don't say which TMPGenc program you've got- I'm going to guess its the TMPGenc Plus program (i.e. the MPEG encoder) - that does not do any DVD authoring, for that, they do TMPGenc DVD Author- that makes good standard menus, but also allows you to get as creative as you want
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes