View Single Post
Old 2021-01-18, 10:03 PM
DeadTrader

Tagging Shows for Network Players

I haven't been to this site for 14 yrs. But in the last few yrs I've realized that my collection needs to be tagged so I can search it in many different ways. I've never played with itunes or other tagging formats. So don't have these formats making my rules. But I'd like to know if my current format needs some modification.

So we are talking about thousands of show as most of you have by now.
My thoughts are there should be a standard of sorts to tag and release or at least some minimal requirements since a person can modify tags to meet their own needs.

My collection is being setup on a NAS (so many shows so little time) so I can play on my network player or though any device I connect to the NAS wherever I am.
I have a system and have tagged at least 1k shows but I'd really like any input to want a standard should be. If there is interest in this topic I'll take the time to share my system.

I think tagging is the next big step in sharing tunes so a person can properly access what they want to listen to now. I'm taking about a searchable database via tags which don't take that long to add before sharing.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes