View Single Post
Old 2011-01-26, 11:15 AM
Political Hack

Re: The discussion areas of TTD

It seems to me that a lot of hte lounge negativity really pertains to a couple threads (ie who`s entitled or washed up, etc.). I find it interesting that the same people with 5 or 6 aliases in the lounge that fight can comfortably coexist within the context of the political forum. Considering how heated politics get in general, it`s surprising that the politics forum remains the sane younger brother to the lounge.

Threads such as the nostalgia thread, the video game one, etc don`t get crazy. We basically have a couple back and forth threads that get a lot of the attention, but for the most part, the lounge continues like any other message board. People post the latest youtube video, or a funny news story.

Personally, as much as I don`t participate in them, I enjoy reading the arguments between Toys and Freezer, as well as their tags.

I don`t see much need to increase moderation. I see a thread that gets boring as I define that, I stop reading it. I went through a period where I never read the lounge, lately I`ve found a bunch of threads I regularly post (and hopefully contribute) to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluzman
You are more elite than anybody else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Does it bother you that you have so much in common with Karl Rove?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes