View Single Post
Old 2010-11-09, 11:12 AM
Trader since 1980

Re: Can 'audio watermarks' be banned...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdshrk1 View Post
Is this really that big a deal? The only show I have that is "marked" was done by the taper, gave info on the gear, the date, and where the mics were set up. It is also after the show ended. And, I've d/l'd more than a few shows.
At the end of the day, no, it's not a big deal. It's one torrent out of ... many.

However, some folks suggest "If you don't like it, don't download it". Well, I can't tell if I like it or not UNTIL I download it. Others say "Go find another source if you don't like what the seeder did here". Well, I don't really have anywhere to start other than here. I don't subscribe to DaD, and the only other torrent site I've used is an occasional dip in Pirate Bay. Someone who posted on the torrent thread seems to know who taped it, or who passed the tape to whom, but I'm out of the loop there.

So; not a big deal, but I'd like to know how others feel about it, since it seems to go straight against the grain of what this site claims to stand for.

Oh, and if anyone does have a clean source for the same show, please consider posting it here.