View Single Post
Old 2007-04-28, 02:47 PM
Trainwreckin' Fool

Angry Minidisc or Recorder Problems?

I know many people's opinions about minidisc here, esp the old atrac only ones, so this wasn't started to turn into a minidisc flamewar. I intend to upgrade my deck sooner than later, probably to a creative jb3... so, all of that aside.

I taped McCoy Tyner Trio last night at Denton Arts & Jazz; the first disc came out beautifully (10' from left stack, clipped to the railing to keep the crowd back from the stage). I swapped discs about 40 minutes in because I didnt know how long they were going to play, but knew the festival closed last night at 11. My second disc, when I came home, reports that it is still blank, even though I know i recorded ~15 minutes of audio to it. Ive tried it in 2 different decks and had it report blank. I had a similar problem with the Ben Folds show that I taped 2 yrs ago (and just now posted the second disc of...). It might have been the same disc (?, uncertain, did not label disc after it reported blank (probably my first mistake)). I have used many other discs and had them record the TOC (i guess that is the problem) correctly. So, what do you think, is it the deck (sharp md-ms702) or the disc? I am at work right now, so i cant test any suggestions, but am curious what others think.

Also, is there any way to extract that data from the disc that says its blank?

Thanks in advance!

ps. discs are sony premium 80 minutes, if that makes and difference, have had no problems with regular grade memorex or sony discs.

Meatwad: I thought you said TV was bad.
Frylock: It is. But we fucking need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by general eclectic
There's a big difference between getting trashed and disappearing.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes