View Single Post
Old 2011-07-30, 06:22 PM
IC Elvis & hear God on my iPod

Location: Latitude: 52,3500°, Longitude: 4,9167°, Altitude: High
Wink Re: Do I have to make an EXTRAS_TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
most players do not require more than the VIDEO_TS to make the video play (assuming the authoring is correct). That standard calls for an AUDIO_TS folder, as well, which is left blank for Video-DVDs... so you could put that and have a fully compliant DVD. The EXTRAS_TS folder is always optional, as far as I know.
James is right when he says the EXTRAS_TS folder is optional, but IMO it is a very handy one.

@ xiacexi: why don't you change the md5's before you put them in the TS folder? This way you will be able to check the md5 file without having to move the file at all. And you can also directly check the files on your disc.

A md5 that has to be put in the VIDEO_TS folder for verifying would normally look something like: b010df9fac3994ce923559f9a6c1abe3 *VIDEO_TS.IFO

A md5 that has to be outside the VIDEO_TS folder (but not in the EXTRAS folder) for verifying looks like: b010df9fac3994ce923559f9a6c1abe3 *VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO

A md5 that has to be in the EXTRAS_TS folder for verifying looks like: b010df9fac3994ce923559f9a6c1abe3 *..\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO

So if you open the md5 file with a text editor and change the notation of each line in the md5 file into the notation of the last one, you will be able to leave the md5 file in the EXTRAS folder for verifying. Even with this third notation you can put the md5 file in the VIDEO_TS folder and it will verify without any problems as well. Just make sure that after changing the notation of the md5 you check them before burning (to make sure there are no mistakes). FYI you can also put your a text file and or artwork in the EXTRAS-TS folder. (Hope this makes any sense).