View Single Post
Old 2006-12-31, 01:57 PM

Re: A bit of help....please

sorry pepper its just that you've got two threads on the same topic and I can't figure out what kind of advice you are looking for. I want to help as do others but it just keeps coming back to you doing it the way you would've if you never asked anybody.

for md you want to go from the stereo output (line, not headphone) to the line in of your soundcard, record with audacity or similar with healthy levels & no clipping. Newer computers often have a SB Audigy installed, but if you've got one of those soundcards that is built right to the motherboard even a bottom of the line SoundBlaster is better than that. They used to sell those for $20 a few years ago, probably less $ now. Sometimes you can find one of these cards in a discarded computer by the side of the road. Make sure you use the line in, not the mic in. Don't transfer cassettes to MiniDisc, that is not acceptable to trade, and of course use no mp3 or similar & 99% of the time it is tradeable (tho not necessarily optimal).

I know very well what it is like trying to get good sound on a low budget & cut corners when I was starting out so that is the main reason that I'm frustrated here.

anyhow, sorry if I came off harsh, peace man

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes