View Single Post
Old 2007-05-24, 04:11 PM

Re: Seeding/Lineage Questions?

you've got to ask him what proggy he used to rip the silvers... there are very few programs that provide error-correcting ripping and error reports, so if you want the highest quality the software matters. If the software didn't matter then a copy of a copy of a copy of an audio cd would be fine to share, with no errors ever.

I'm not trying to put you off and I hear you and trust that these boots are ripped very well, maybe even 100% perfect. But we've got a very sticky rule about bootleg sources since day one here and we enforce it as best as we can. There's something like 80 pages of torrents in the audio section, maybe some have lineage that isn't up to par and they should be pulled, some of them are probably mp3-sourced and we haven't found them yet, post the links and I will pull them all. It is very difficult to keep up with the amount of traffic moving thru here but we do our best.

I also want to add that with non-bootleg sources we are much more lax ... we want you to really try your best to find the best available version or alternate longer tape etc of these kind of shows and realize that a lot of stuff (esp the older shows) we will never truely know where it came from unless the taper sees it and tells us the details, but when it comes to bootlegs there are many copies out there and somebody will be able to post a better copy.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes