View Single Post
Old 2005-03-28, 07:15 PM

Re: Well.....another is this Mp3?

The Spectral's that you posted are very low resolution images, and it's not possible to see the detail of the color display. There are distinct patterns that certain lossy codecs introduce that you can easily identify. Can you try to produce a 2 second spectral view of your audio and check your screen capture settings to insure that you're ouputting a decent resolution image ?

I'd certainly agree that track 2 looks OK at first glance. There's no logical reason that the frequency response of track 1 would display like that without some sort of lossy lineage. I would hope a better seed of that material exists.

Again, a 2 second sample at higher res image would be better for everyone (yourself included) to see any holes and other tell tale signs.

Thanks.

PS... I didn't want you to take the criticism personally.. I'm just trying to encourage everyone who has the ability to understand the technical aspects, to read the materials and learn for themselves. Believe me, I'm learning stuff here all the time. There's lots of info about this at Hydrogen Audio too.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes