View Single Post
Old 2006-03-18, 06:42 PM
Non Serviam

Re: Seeding/Lineage Questions?

Yaq regarding seeding policy in the faq - What is the policy here on TTD for widely circulated fan compilations? For example, some Neil Young compilations have been widely circulated from the Rust List or Rust Radio, such as "Piano Songs", "Piano Songs II", "Banjo Songs", "Capture The Horse" (which was vined here), and most recently "5x". For these compilations I can list the show dates for each track, and also verify that my copy matches the master copy of the compilation, but the tracks are all from different sources, and listing the lineage for each track would most likely not be possible (I would have to pester a whole lot of people: not something I am willing to do, and the likelihood of complete success would be extremely slim). It should be possible to note something about the source of each track (aud, fm, sbd, etc) but that would probably be the best I could do.

So, given that these "fan compilations' have been widely released and circulated, and very likely many other people want to hear them, is it sufficient that I am able to verify my ffps with the "compilation master"? Or are such compilations not allowed here on The Traders Den?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes