View Single Post
Old 2016-06-12, 03:50 PM
Digital Slave

Question New To Uploading - Some Specific Questions

Greetings all,

I'm getting myself prepped to start uploading some of my DAT masters & want to learn to do it up right the 1st time, as opposed to "winging it".

I have checked all the site's FAQ's & a bunch of forum posts associated with doing so & have the inaugural fileset about 90% ready to go. I still find myself uncertain of a couple of final steps however - thus this post to those in the know.

Specifically (& my apologies for the many questions to follow...):

When using TLH -

When I create the .torrent file, should I add the .flac extension to individual tracks/named files manually before doing so or will TLH do it for me?

Also, I've created a specific torrent folder for this show that is much more succinctly named than the flac folder. When creating said torrent in TLH, I wanted to confirm that I should browse/choose this torrent folder in the "torrent file to create" box. I also wanted to ensure the differing file names will not cause a conflict of any type?

OK, once I get past this step, I'm almost there.

Which brings me to creating the torrent in my bt client. I use uTorrent Pro & some of the differentiations in the FAQ (which is specific to Azureus), cause me a little concern in proceeding confidently. Specifically...

A simple confirmation first - in the "Trackers: " field, am I correct in assuming I should delete the (2) pre-populated trackers & just paste the TD announce URL as the only one?

In the "Other" area "Start Seeding" is checked, that's a good thing I'd imagine! My other (unchecked) options are "Private Torrent", "Preserve File Order" & "Create Encrypted". I'm inclined to also check both the 1st 2, just not sure about the validity of choosing "Create Encrypted" as well? Any opinions here are welcome.

Beyond that, what causes me the slight concern is there is no option to "Allow decentralized tracking when tracker is unavailable" as per the FAQ recommendations. Does uTorrent default to this as per TD standards? If not, can I enable in another manner if need be? Or on the flip side, is this not something to be concerned about at all?

Lastly, once I get through the above & take the steps to upload to TD, if I understand correctly, I must be the 1st to download it in order to initiate proper seeding to others peers. My question is this - when downloading should I target the files to the same .torrent file as I uploaded from or create a separate destination folder? I would lean towards the former making most sense, but am far from positive here...

Again, my apologies for the lengthy discourse & litany of questions! One last question if I may - did I miss anything???

My infinite gratitude for your indulging & alleviating my lack of a clue folks. I'll be sure to pay it forward through the many eclectic DAT master uploads to soon follow!

Namaste,
E
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes