View Single Post
Old 2006-12-10, 09:37 PM
TTD Staff

Re: Portforward is not working...

You may want to double check that the XP firewall is off. I've heard some people say it comes back on sometimes when they restart the computer (seems weird to me, but....). Also, you may want to try restarting your router. I once suddenly came up firewalled and the thing that finally fixed it was unplugging the power to the router, unplugging the internet cable to the router, waiting 30 seconds, and then plugging them back in.

I just looked up your router on portforward.com . They actually say nothing about forwarding for specific ports per IP like you did. They say to simply turn on the option "Open Incoming or Forwarded Ports." My D-Link doesn't have that option (I had to actually forward them through Advanced > Firewall like you did), so I'm not sure where that is. They also mention the option to "Deny all Incomming Traffic" which may be turned on (and it is by default) and it should be on (might want to verify this).

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes