View Single Post
Old 2006-08-26, 12:05 PM

Re: How to edit the 2 second gap out of TAO burned discs easily?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetrell69
OK.....

Does EAC detect silence after a track and remove it with the options you mention......? I am so bent about discovering these discs are like this because they are live shows and it didn't really dawn on me until recently that they HAD to be repaired to make them proper....and I have EAC intsalled on my pc but haven't used it yet due to it's obviously advanced user nature....it's time for me to move from the novice EAC user into the realm of master CD ripper....lmao!!!!

I will need to set up my EAC to work with my drives correct? Offsets and such for individual drives as I am sure the numbers might be different?

I know OiNKS Pink Palace has what seems to be a nice tutorial on how to set it up and go......I will begin reading, wish me luck.....

HUGE BIG thanks to you all for stopping and helping, if anyone has anything else to add PLZ feel free to do so, every little bit helps.....
No problem.

Are you saying there is just silence tacked onto the end of each track or are you saying that there are gaps between every track? If you go into EAC and press F4 or go to the "Action" menu and select "Detect Gaps" (both do the same thing), then your drive will begin detecting gaps (although there is more configuration for gap detection if you want correct detection). The gap length will appear in the "Gap" column for each track (if each track has a gap). If there are gaps (which are most likely silence), then EAC can detect and remove them.

No, you don't need to set up EAC to work with your drives correctly, but YOU SHOULD. And that is a very big YOU SHOULD. Get Accuraterip for correct read offset correction values for your drives.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes