View Single Post
Old 2006-08-26, 10:13 AM

Re: How to edit the 2 second gap out of TAO burned discs easily?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie Noakes
You can rip the cd with EAC in one large file, and save itwith a cue sheet, and then instruct it to remove the gaps.I can't remember exact details at this minute, but I need to do this myself again , and I don't have EAC on my pc just now.Maybe someone else can help you just now.Worked great before when I done it - a lot easier than opening individual waves in an editing prog.
Cheers
Alfie
There is an easier way than this, but if you want to do it this way then you should, as you have said, extract the CD as a single WAV file with a CUE sheet for the single WAV file. After the extraction is complete, go to the "Tools" menu, then go to "Split WAV By CUE Sheet" where you will find a "Leave Out Gaps" option. Select that option. It will then request a WAV file, which is the one you extracted, then once that has been selected it will ask for a CUE sheet, which is the one that was created in accordance to the WAV file.

This is the faster and easier way to do it. You can also extract the individual tracks, without gaps, directly from the CD with Exact Audio Copy by going into the "Action" menu, ticking "Leave Out Gaps", then extracting the individual tracks and creating a CUE sheet by going to "Create CUE Sheet" (also in the "Action" menu) and selecting the "Multiple WAV Files With Leftout Gaps..." option. You'll want to make this CUE sheet if you're planning to make a new copy of the CD. I've had problems with Exact Audio Copy placing extra silent samples at the end of the first track on CDs if I made the CUE sheet myself rather than having one generated by Exact Audio Copy from the extraction stages.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes