View Single Post
Old 2007-10-24, 06:27 PM

Seeding lots of shows but not showing as a seed...

I'm seeding a lot of stuff in utorrent but not showing up as a seed on the tracker. What's weird is that I am appearing as a seed on a lot of stuff. I no longer have firewall status. Does anyone know what's going on?

I have a bunch of the Red uploading arrows but also a number of green ones as well...

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#What...tatus_icons.3F

What do the red icons (Tracker Error (download)/Tracker Error (upload)) mean on the torrent status icons?

These red icons indicate that µTorrent was not able to reach the tracker. This could happen when the tracker goes offline, becomes overloaded, or when the domain simply doesn't exist anymore. Check Tracker Status on the General tab to see what the exact error message is.

In many cases, seeing this (especially if you see hostname not found in Tracker Status) and having DHT on but still having no peers to connect to may mean that you'll have to find another copy of the torrent on another tracker.

In some cases, this is normal because the tracker is overloaded or temporarily down. The torrent itself should keep seeding/downloading as long as you got some peers, and if the tracker comes back up or becomes responsive, you should have no lost ratio so long as you don't close µTorrent or stop the torrent.

What do all the status icons mean?

Red Seeding Arrow: means the torrent is seeding, but there is a tracker error (see question above)
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes