View Single Post
Old 2007-06-05, 01:47 PM

Re: Lossy Hendrix Hawaii show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
you should hang onto that cassette then, because the sound you can get by transferring from a quality home cassette deck instead of a walkman headphone jack is like night and day. I've seen my Yamaha KX-650 on eBay for $20+shipping and that's got quite a good sound although not as good as a $5000.00 Nak of course.

how did you jack this into your computer & what's the soundcard? the turntable will sound best if its first pre-amplified up to line level using a decent home amp like a Harmon-Kardon going in the phono input and out the line out to the computer soundcard line in.

I'm also not sure why the '70 Tull has perfectly set levels (loud but not clipped ) and the other two are whisper-quiet.
The soundcard I have is a Creative Soundblaster; the walkman was jacked through the line in in the soundcard and I actually have a Harmon/Kardon 3500 amp with pre-amp for the phono input.

As for the levels, the Neil Young LP is really quiet, I could amplify it if anyone wants.

I compared the walkman with my Pioneer CTS405 deck and its the same, again I can amplify it if anyone wants.