View Single Post
Old 2006-03-10, 12:30 AM
Non Serviam

Re: Seeding/Lineage Questions?

Question: Are widely circulated trees considered "sources"?

I originally PM'd a mod on this question, but then I noticed this thread and thought It would be better to get a public response.

In listing lineages when seeding widely circulated trees (say, from Hempsall, Dylantree, the late milesdavis.org, etc) is it OK just to list the tree as the source?

For example, say I was considering seeding a Neil Young show from a Hempsall tree. Also assume I was on the shn branch of the tree. In listing the lineage can I just say something like:
ny1976-03-04 (Hempsall) >shn
(?)

In this case,the source is actually two different boots that were spliced and normalized, with some other changes made as well, to make a complete show. So it is not either boot, it is would seem to be a new "source" (in the loose sense). Details are included in the info file, and they included EAC logs (apparently just for final remastered CD, though, not for the original source boots).

So can I list the Hempsall tree source to be "The Source". (after all, if somebody lists a Silver Boot>EAC (Secure mode)>wav>flac or something, we still don't know the lineage back to the original taper source).

Or would seeding this show at all somehow break Rule 5 of the Audio BitTorrent Seeding Policy.

Please advise.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes