View Single Post
Old 2006-09-21, 08:55 AM
Favorite vocalist = Sam Cooke

Re: "best" program for upping from 44.1khz to 48khz ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiestix69
why do that though? aint that like going from mp3 to wav? it wont get any better. anyway goldwave does it.
Putting multiple CD's onto one DVD.
It is not like going from mp3 (lossy) to wav (not lossy). It is simply changing one lossless format to another for the sake of being able to burn 6 CD's+ onto 1 DVD in a listenable and lossless format.
You could put 2 entire 3 CD concerts onto 1 DVD and not have to change discs 5 times. If you are taking discs with you, imagine how much more music you can fit into your CD carry case.
I listen to my bootlegs at work all day, and it seems like the CD is always ending when I'm busy. It is much more convenient for me to pop in a DVD and listen to 6 CD's in a row without changing discs. It is easy to convert the files using one either program that I already have - and simply do not delete the original source files. Then burn your DVD and recycle bin the 48khz files once you are done. You then still have your original files for trading/archiving.
I will look into this goldwave program and compare it to the others I have been using. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes