View Single Post
Old 2006-11-26, 05:23 PM
TTD Staff

Re: My stats went crazy. Help me

I just looked up your stats from Nov 23 and they were:

uploaded: 27711152747 Bytes = 2.5808 GB
downloaded: 23479912097 Bytes = 2.1867 GB

Could your stats have gone crazy the other way first (get really large like in your first post) and then go crazy to get reset?

Transmission is a client that has been banned from a couple of sites for either passing along bad stats and/or announcing too often (it seems to not like to respect the interval that the tracker requests). What version of Transmission are you using? Also, have you considered using another client?

Wow... I just looked over this thread about Transmission being banned at OINK (that is what the original topic was about): http://transmission.m0k.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=491 and I skipped to the last page and they talk about how the latest version has been known to reset the stats (like what happened to you)! I would seriously look into another client.

I'm on an 800 MHz iMac running 10.4.8 with 768 MB RAM and I use Azureus without problems (well, OK, a small problem in the latest version when you create a torrent and then try to seed it, but that shouldn't affect you). BitTorrent is also a nice little client.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes