View Single Post
Old 2005-01-05, 06:38 PM

Re: Help with Port Forwarding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFromMa
I'm also a novice with port forwarding etc.........but I used Raindawg's faq here to finally solve the problem. Did you go to the ftp settings on your router and open ports there? I have a Linksys and thanks to Raindawg I got them open. Once I did that my speeds jumped big time. The comcastards cap my uploads at 30kbs, which I hit and with a well seeded show I can get almost 200kbs download speed. Keep working at it.......you'll be a happy man although it makes it much harder to keep your share ratio pretty.
Wish I could say the FAQ was helpful for me. *sigh* I've been banging away at this for several weeks and not getting it. I find the number of choices and variables involved somewhat confusing.

I, too, have a Linksys router, but I have been unable to find any combination of settings that allows me to get rid of the cursed yellow light. I use Bit Tornado and changed the port settings in there as well but I am not sure it's helped.

I thought I'd see how the HUGE Miles in Belgium seed would go (want to hear the '83 show with Sco and Stern REALLY badly), but it'll take me a week to get it done at my current rates.

If anyone can help out I surely would appreciate it. I want badly to be able to make the most of these opportunities and share back but I can't seem to get the settings working properly.

IM
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes